Dahi Bhalla (Appetizers - Vegetarian)
* 1 cup Urad Daal
* 750 gm Curd
* Salt to taste
* Oil for frying
* Mint chutney
* 15-20 Kishmish
* 1" piece Ginger
* 1 tsp Black salt
* 2-3 Green Chilli
* Tamarind chutney
* 1 tsp Chilli powder
* 2 tsp Cumin powder
* 3 tbsp Coriander chopped
1. Wash the daal and soak the daal in water overnight.
2. Strain the soaked daal and then grind to a smooth paste.
3. Add half tsp salt, half tsp of chilli powder and kishmish.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Drop 1 tbsp of batter in and fry until golden. Drain it well, on absorbent paper.
5. Put bhallas in hot water for about two minutes. Drain, squeezing out the water between your palms.
6. Whisk the curd well with kala namak.
7. Place the bhallas on a plate and cover with curd. Add Mint chutney and Tamarind chutney.
8. Sprinkle chilli powder and cumin powder. Garnish with coriander leaves, ginger and green chilli.
Tip: A very stale loaf of bread can be considerably freshened bydipping it in milk or water (or a mixture of the two) for about aminute. After this, put it into the oven to crisp for about fifteenminutes.